Position Type: Full-time
Location: Norwood, NJ and offshore
Alpine is looking for a Senior Geophysicist to join our growing team.
- Conduct field operations for geophysical survey projects and perform data processing tasks both on board marine survey vessels and in the office.
- Provide geophysical technical expertise to field scientists throughout the course of projects.
- Collect, process and interpret data in one or more of the following market areas: Offshore Wind and/or O&G infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of marine survey project work plans.
- Set-up and operate geophysical survey equipment and survey vessel.
- Perform GIS data analysis.
- Process and interpret final data sets and QA/QC results.
- Write project reports.
- Follow safety rules and practices.
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and minor repair of marine survey equipment especially when it comes to fine tuning systems for best results.
- Perform other marine survey related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics or closely related field required (Masters preferred).
- At least 5 years of applied geophysical experience in a marine survey environment.
- Experience using geophysical data acquisition systems and software including side scan sonars,subbottom profilers (chirp, sparker, air gun) and magnetometers/gradiometers. Knowledge of operation and deployment of high-resolution multi-channel systems a significant plus. Software packages which could be used include Oasis Montaj, SonarWiz, SonarPro, Discover, Geosuite, Radex Pro, Kingdom Suites, Global Mapper, QINSy etc.
- Experience in navigation and positioning software and survey line planning a plus.
- Proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
- Knowledge AutoCAD or GIS.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing.
- Knowledge of mobilizing third party vessels from the bottom-up a plus.
- Good writing skills, including a track record preparing technical documentation and final project reports.
- Ability to safely operate a small boat or water craft.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to projects both within the US and overseas will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license.
Prolonged periods of standing on a vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Working in outdoor weather conditions on a marine survey vessel.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Alpine provides its employees with a pleasant work environment and competitive compensation. Benefits include an excellent medical plan with low out-of-pocket expenses, vision, and dental coverage, as well as group life and long-term disability insurance, 401k matching, and paid time off.
Alpine invests in the development of its employees by offering continual professional training and a leadership development program.
Alpine is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.