Senior Geologist / Lead Geotechnical Scientist
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Norwood, NJ or Remote
We are looking for a Senior Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geosciences Department. This individual will be a core member of our field management team overseeing our geotechnical operations. This position is both office and field based and the individual must be willing to travel marine survey projects, both domestically and internationally. Field work can be coastal and/or offshore, including 24-hour per day ship operations.
- In-Field and office-based project management.
- Plan and supervise marine survey / geotechnical operations.
- Oversee field and data reduction personnel.
- Liaise with clients before, during and after marine survey field operations.
- Provide general technical advice to other managers in his/her area of expertise.
- Work in conjunction with HSE Manager to ensure that HSE Protocols are followed and that geotechnical operations are conducted in a safe and effective manner.
- Provide QA/QC of data.
- Advise on or prepare/write proposals related to sediment sampling projects.
- Compile and write final reports as well as liaise with Geotechnical Laboratories when needed.
- Assist in client outreach and development during marketing efforts.
- Minimum of 5 years work in geotechnical geology.
- A Master’s level degree in a relevant field (Geology etc.) is preferred.
- Proven leadership skills with both office and field personnel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines and coordinate effectively with other team members to meet project goals.
- Experience in marine survey field operations related to sediment sampling – vibracoring, seafloor deployed CPT, nearshore/shallow water marine boring, in-situ thermal resistivity, on-board sediment analysis, etc.
- Experience with Offshore Wind and O&G infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects a plus.
- Experience mobilizing vessels for geotechnical operations as well as troubleshooting capability on sediment sampling equipment.
- Experience with other geophysical and navigation equipment and software an important plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- This role requires both office and field activities.
- 50%+ travel to marine survey projects both within the US and overseas will be required.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Alpine provides its employees with a pleasant work environment and competitive compensation. Benefits include an excellent medical plan with low out-of-pocket expenses, vision, and dental coverage, as well as group life and long-term disability insurance, 401k matching, and paid time off.
Alpine invests in the development of its employees by offering continual professional training and a leadership development program.
Alpine is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.