Position Type: Full-time
Location: Norwood, NJ
We are currently searching for an experienced Project Manager, Marine Survey. Although primarily an office-based position some in-field supervisory duties may be required at locations across the US and abroad. Field work can be both shore-based and offshore based including 24-hour per day ship operations.
- Field and office marine survey project management, including client liaising, planning field operations and overseeing field personnel.
- Conduct cost analysis, estimating expected costs for marine survey projects.
- Prepare and implement a budget based on estimates.
- Work in conjunction with Alpine’s HSEQ Manager to ensure that HSEQ Protocols are followed at all times and that marine survey personnel and co-worker safety is top priority.
- Lead interdepartmental teams to complete assigned marine survey projects on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Support and communicate with offshore field staff effectively and regularly.
- Provide mentorship and general technical advice to other managers and field personnel.
- Liaise with clients, laboratories, project related vendors, subcontractors, outside consultants and service providers before, during and after field operations.
- Ensure that staff is following marine survey equipment maintenance and care procedures during mobilization, in the field, and during demobilization.
- Organize, with data processing manager, personnel and schedules for data processing and reporting.
- Advising on, or prepare/write proposals related to sediment sampling projects.
- Communicate and collaborate with sales and marketing teams on client outreach.
- Bachelor or Master level degree in a geomatics related field (hydrography, geology, geophysics or engineering).
- 5-10 years relevant experience in project management and marine field operations related to sediment sampling – vibracoring, seafloor deployed CPT, nearshore/shallow water marine boring, in-situ thermal resistivity, on-board sediment analysis, etc.
- Experience with Offshore Wind and O&G infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects a plus.
- Working knowledge of hydrographic data acquisition systems and software including Multibeam Sonars, Singlebeam Sonars, Side Scan Sonars, and GNSS navigation systems. Knowledge of operation and deployment of geophysical equipment a plus. Software packages which could be used include QINSy, HYPACK, Edgetech Discover, SonarWiz, Caris, Qimera, and Global Mapper.
- Experience mobilizing vessels for geotechnical operations as well as trouble shooting capability on sediment sampling equipment.
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines and coordinate effectively with other team members to meet project goals.
- Proven leadership skills, managing office and field personnel.
- Excellent communication and writing abilities.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have a valid working Visa and be willing to travel both within the U.S. and overseas.
Prolonged periods of standing on a marine survey vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Working in outdoor weather conditions on a vessel.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Alpine provides its employees with a pleasant work environment and competitive compensation. Benefits include an excellent medical plan with low out-of-pocket expenses, vision, and dental coverage, as well as group life and long-term disability insurance, 401k matching, and paid time off.
Alpine invests in the development of its employees by offering continual professional training and a leadership development program.
Alpine is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.