Position Type: Full-time
Alpine is currently searching for Field Project Managers / Party Chiefs with strong backgrounds in the following disciplines: Hydrography, Geophysics, and Geotechnical Sampling.
- Field project management, including client liaising, planning field operations, managing field survey logistics, overseeing field personnel while on the project and providing QA/QC of data.
- Act as Party Chief, coordinating with the survey vessel Master and be the technical and managerial lead for the marine survey crew assigned to the survey vessel.
- Provide leadership under pressure, motivating field staff to meet deadlines while providing clients with high quality of data.
- Oversee daily data QA/QC, survey logs, progress reports, and HSE documents.
- As Party Chief, ensure that HSEQ protocols are followed, and that personal and co-worker safety is a top priority.
- Support and communicate with field staff regularly and effectively.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal departments.
- Monitor schedules and processing issues and delays and pro-actively work in mitigation plans.
- Supervise the care and maintenance of equipment in the field.
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in the marine sciences related to the field of endeavor (hydrography, geophysics, or geotechnical sampling).
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in the marine survey field with proven experience as a field project manager / party chief.
- Expertise within one or multiple of the following areas: O&G or Renewable Energy infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, and/or civil/environmental engineering.
- Working knowledge of marine remote sensing instrumentation and software such as GPS positioning systems, IMUs, USBLs, multibeam bathymetry, Side Scan Sonars, Subbottom Profilers, Magnetometers, CTD/SV profilers, water quality sondes, etc. Software packages which could be used include QINSy, HYPACK, MagLog, Montaj, SonarWiz, SonarPro, Geosuite, Kingdom Suites, Radex.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS and Global Mapper a plus.
- Knowledge of navigation and positioning techniques and an adequate knowledge of horizontal and vertical datums and datum transformations in order to oversee QC.
- Troubleshooting capability on equipment especially when it comes to fine-tuning systems for best results.
- Knowledge of mobilizing third-party vessels from the bottom-up a plus.
- Strong writing skills and ability to write preliminary reports and process and interpret data at least to the QA/QC stages.
- Work remotely during a project’s upfront planning phase and the follow-up data processing/reporting phase.
- Travel to the main office to support a project’s preparation phase and cleanup phase, and join the survey vessel for mobilization, survey operations and demobilization.
- Alternating periods of standing on a vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions on a vessel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Alpine provides its employees with a pleasant work environment and competitive compensation. Benefits include an excellent medical plan with low out-of-pocket expenses, vision, and dental coverage, as well as group life and long-term disability insurance, 401k matching, and paid time off.
Alpine invests in the development of its employees by offering continual professional training and a leadership development program. Visit our website: www.alpineocean.com for more information about our company.
Alpine is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.